Friday 10 February 2012

MYOB (Make Your Own Brunch)

Have you ever wondered how much you could save if you make your own brunch? Eating out at a fancy cafe is surely a fun thing to do on the weekends, but it comes with a considerably higher price as well. You'd expected to spend around $15 - $18 for a plate of Eggs Benedict. Now compare to how much I spent on the ingredients at Woolworths:

Note: Haloumi Cheese and tomatoes are optional

So'm saving at least $8 per serve. Ha! As I think about it, that $8 is the price you pay for the cafe atmosphere, the service, the perfectly poached egg and of course, a cafe-made hollandaise sauce which tastes  10 times better than the store-bought ones :D

Take a peek of my home-made Eggs Benedict. I added up the oven-baked tomatoes with haloumi cheese just because I was craving for grilled cheese and wanted to add some colours on the plate.

I cheated on the eggs: poached them in the microwave :p




It's soooo yummy but I couldn't finish it because I put too much of everything on my plate, LOL. Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. yo olooh dit.. ini menu piknik kings park beginian ajaaaa *ngeces*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh eh ini bisa yummy beneran kalo holandaise nya bikin sendirii.. Gw latian dulu yak bikin holandaise, kalo udah jago ntar gw bawa piknik :D

    ReplyDelete